Why we need an Inhumanoids reboot! #Inhumanoids #hasbro #80s #cartoons

We now know that work has begun on a reboot of M.A.S.K., Visionaries, Rom and there is now a Micronauts comic. We have a new Danger Mouse cartoon, Thundercats toys, a new He-Man movie (apparently), yet there is one franchise and it is my favourite one that we hear little about and that is Inhumanoids!

As a child Inhumanoids was my favourite show. I had only seen Inhumanoids the movie (The Evil that Lies within) and I had an episode on an old VHS which was Negative Polarity. This is still probably my favourite episode to this day. I always loved Inhumanoids because it did have a plot that flowed from episode to episode, when things were destroyed, that was it! They were gone! It was as if it was one of the first cartoons that appreciated its audience weren’t stupid enough to realise that the good guys always win. I admit Earth CORP were generally victorious, but they never actually succeeded in destroying the Inhumanoids. Also the bad guys would turn on each other, occasionally ally themselves with Earth CORP and as such, this led to many interesting twists in the storyline.

It seems there is a great deal of love still out there for Inhumanoids and I believe that this needs to continue! A reboot would be amazing and I only wonder why Hasbro won’t do it. The least they could do would be to shove a GIJOE action figure of one of the Earth CORP in their line (not unlike specialist Trakker). We need gritty, imaginative and downright entertaining shows like Inhumanoids back! I’m certainly happy to spread the word and I shall be putting various Inhumanoids links to this site!

So let’s bring it back! If there are enough of us, then we can do it!

P.S. I’m going to start putting up episode reviews on this site too!

Standard

73 thoughts on “Why we need an Inhumanoids reboot! #Inhumanoids #hasbro #80s #cartoons

1. Philip Gipson says:

Hello there. Having seen “Inhumanoids” on YouTube, I agree with you that there should be a reboot of the franchise. It’s a Hasbro property, after all. Also, it’s 30 years old this year. I want “Inhumanoids” to return as either an online-only TV reboot or as an R-rated film. Either way, the franchise needs some love, and I’m glad to give that love. ❤

• Yeah it’s a great show. In my opinion it was so far ahead of its time. Like you say it requires a reboot and in fairness I would take anything at this stage. IDW should do a comic book, they have got so many of Hasbro’s properties!

• Philip Gipson says:

I know, right? “G.I. Joe,” “Transformers,” “My Little Pony,” “Jem and the Holograms,” etc. I SO want IDW to acquire the “Inhumanoids” license from Hasbro.

• Philip Gipson says:

The old “Inhumanoids” cartoon was pretty dark, so I say yes to an R-rated movie reboot. 🙂

• IDK……..I Think that the old school inhumanoids fans just might either a G-rated version or a PG-rated version since the cartoon was filled with fantasy violence.

• Ike Carr says:

PG-13 would be okay with this guy. Look at some of the stuff that happened to the poor S.O.B.s in Peter Jackson’s KING KONG in that bug pit. Some rather squirm worthy material on a PG-13 rating.

• Inhumanoids would be a good seller in my opinion. There seems to be quite a lot of love for it out there. I’m currently trying to collect all the toys for it. Flint Dille said he had some unused scripts that would have carried on with the story. I would love to see those.

2. Ike Carr says:

The Hanna-Barbera stable is getting a bunch of new books featuring the old gang in some new settings. Scooby-Doo:Apocalypse, and Wacky-Races both going MAD MAX. Future Quest featuring Johnny Quest mixing it up with Space Ghost, the Blue Falcon, Herculoids, and just about the menagerie. With IDW doing a big push this year with the Hasbro characters Rom, Micronauts, and Action Man. A M.A.S.K. book in development. I agree it should be a no-brainer for the the Evil That Lies Within gets a revival also.

3. The M.A.S.K. book I can’t wait for! I think that’s going to be great! I have to say I hadn’t seen anything about Wacky Races until you mentioned it. Just checked out the pilot and it looks cool. I see what you mean about it going Mad Max! They are going to stick M.A.S.K. in the same universe as Visionaries and Rom which will be interesting too.

4. Ike Carr says:

Back when Dreamwave was doing the Transformers books, I was on their message boards I was always pushing for a TF/Inhumanoids crossover. Like wise later well into IDW’s run on the Transformers books. Especially now that in the main TF book with Optimus and crew on Earth. Good way for a backdoor pilot for Metlar ,and his posse to make a return in order to test the waters for a revival. Even if it doesn’t pan out, more Inhumanoids is always a good thing.

5. You could easily cross the Inhumanoids with Transormers! Wasn’t Hector Ramirez in GIJOE, Transformers and Inhumanoids?
    Did anyone see the Hasbro Unit:E comic book? That had some interesting info on their franchises, but it had this Primordia thing rather than Inhumanoids.

6. The way that Ramirez interviewed people on twenty questions was hilarious. Maybe he should have his own stand alone show too! He could interview people from GIJOE or Transformers. That would be surreal but cool.

• If only! He should release the scripts so we could see what was going to happen with Inhumanoids. It was impressive that the show held such continuity from episode to episode!

• Sky commanders was great! I’d like to see Centurions too! A Hasbro cinematic universe would be superb! They could remake Inhumanoids as a TV series! I know it would never happen. One thing I do not want is this ‘Primordia’. Why not just use Inhumanoids? On another note, anyone know where I could get a copy of Hasbro Unit:E?

• Ike Carr says:

One of the reasons behind the rebranding is due to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s push with their mutant replacement, THE INHUMANS to avoid confusion with the Marvel property. A couple of weeks ago in a Comic Book Resource article I saw this when author referred to AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. “Inhumanoid Problem”.

7. The rouble is where to start with a project like this. I’m sure a kickstarter would work as there seems to be a lot of fan love for Inhumanoids. Hasbro have the rights and I doubt they would let anyone use it.
    Anyone heard of any fanfiction out there for Inhumanoids? One guy wrote a script on Deviantart but that’s about it. Maybe that would be a way to breathe life back into the franchise?